The liquid nitrogen tank is a very common storage device in the laboratory. It mainly stores some items such as biological samples and animal semen by storing liquid nitrogen to create a low-temperature environment. So, how should we use and maintain the liquid nitrogen tank?
Use and maintenance of liquid nitrogen container:
1. Check the conditions of liquid nitrogen tank every day. If you find water droplets or frost on the lid or upper part of the tank, stop using it immediately. If the tank does not have the previous phenomenon, touch the shell with hands. If the upper part is cold and the lower part is hot, it also means a problem with the tank. And in daily use, we should also pay attention to the issues related to pressure, and regularly check the liquid nitrogen tank and related accessories by referring to the requirements of the relevant pressure vessel safety technical supervision regulations.
2. Before each use, be sure to carefully check all related accessories and instruments to confirm that there is no problem for normal use, and it requires to correctly grasp and adjust the pressure and capacity. If finding frost on the surface, stop using it in time.
3. Before filling liquid nitrogen, please check whether the surface is dented and whether the vacuum exhaust port is in good condition. If it is damaged, it will reduce the vacuum degree, and even the intake air cannot be insulated, which greatly increases the loss of liquid nitrogen, and soon the liquid nitrogen tank container will not be able to use normally.
4. The liquid nitrogen tank should be placed in a ventilated and dry place indoors, and ensure that there are no other items around, and it is forbidden to tilt, lay horizontally, upside down, and stack.
5. If it is stored for a long time, liquid nitrogen must be replenished regularly, generally when the remaining amount is one-third of the total capacity.
6. It is forbidden to place anything on the cover of liquid nitrogen biological container and to seal the neck.
Previous: No Information